Little Feet - Long Walk

Hello and welcome to my blog. This blog is the journey of our family after Millie, our 2 year old daughter, was discovered to have a large brain tumour. The tumour was caused by an aggresive cancer named anaplastic ependymoma. Please feel free to read as much as you want and spread the word. If you want to know more details about the diagnosis then it is best to start at "The beginning ... " which was written in May 2011. But you are welcome to follow us from today. I have created pages that summarise the events leading up to the start of going to Florida for proton radiotherapy at the beginning of June 2011, about 8 weeks after diagnosis.

Friday 5 August 2011

Last Day - Last minute packing!

It has been so busy over the last few days and I don't have time to do a full blog tonight but I will catch up! There are certainly some things that need to be written but I won't do it tonight.

Millie had her last proton treatment on Wednesday 3rd August 2011.

THANK YOU UFPTI! You have all been the most amazing team. It has been good to meet you. We wish we didn't have to but seeing as we did, Jacksonville was the best place to be. We will miss bits of this place.

We are now spending our last night in Jacksonville. We fly home tomorrow afternoon. Our flight leaves at 16:30, we change at Chicago and then land in Heathrow at 10am local time. It is a 9 hour flight across the pond but I reckon the journey from door to door will take about 24 hours in total. We have a 4-5 hour journey from Heathrow to home.

We are all really excited to be heading home finally. We still have stuff to pack and a room to clean so it looks like we will be up early tomorrow.

It will be really good to get home and give our eldest a hug, make a pot of tea without plastic gloves on, take it into the living room and sit on a sofa to drink it and sleep in a decent bed! Toast and real jam! Vegetables! China plates! Get me home now!

1 comment:

  1. Last day, oh I am happy to see you go home. (not) I am sadden to say goodbye, but I will say see you later. I am honored to be apart of this journey that you have been on. My wishes are nothing but the best, we will surely stay in touch.
    Much success on your travels home, you will be thought of often.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete